So the way things are we will definitely be moving to Geordieland on 10 November as our house is sold following the survey and the legal beagles have agreed to work to that date as the new owners have all of their finance in place. Three vans will come down from the north to collect our stuff that we are currently packing although where they will take it to is not yet clear.
We had our offer on the bungalow accepted and then sent in our surveyor who’s report we are still waiting for. His report could say one of three things: yes all is well and so proceed, no all is not well and so don’t proceed or because of x, y or z we need to renegotiate the price. The worst case scenario is the last one of course and if that be the case we have decided we will rent somewhere while we look for another des res but with a bit of luck it will be the best case scenario. Whatever the case we will know over the next couple of days.
Since things are imminent I have alerted my manager and so I am obliged to give one months notice to leave the wonderful job I’ve enjoyed for the past two years on 9 October and it’s with a heavy heart I’ve begun doing that.